- God's Periodic Table...And Evolution
The Crab Nebula and the Periodic Tablefrom NASA/ESA Wikimedia Commons"Those distinct substances, which concretes generally either afford, or are made up of, may, without very much inconvenience, be called the elements or principles of them.” …
- 9 days ago14 Apr 17, 9:14pm -
- More St. Augustine: Bearing Our Cross
St. Augustine and the Fires of Wisdomfrom Wikimedia Commons"Christ, Son of God, if You had not wished to suffer, You would not have suffered. Show us the fruit of Your Passion." --St. Augustine, Commentary on Psalm 21The quote above also bears on…
- 11 days ago12 Apr 17, 10:05pm -
- Why Didn't Jesus Come Down from the Cross?, The Final Test of Faith
Hypercube** Crucifixion, Salvador DaliFair Use, Wikipedia Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said,He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and…
- 12 days ago11 Apr 17, 10:10pm -
- More St. Augustine: "Lent is the Epitome of our Whole Life"
St. Augustine and the Fires of Wisdomfrom Wikimedia Commons “Fasting cleanses the soul, raises the mind, subjects one’s flesh to the spirit, renders the heart contrite and humble, scatters the clouds of concupiscence, quenches the fire of…
- 38 days ago17 Mar 17, 1:24am -
- Intersections--Chapter 2 Complete.
Hello faithful readers ( : > ) ). Finally Chapter 2 on Intersections of Quantum Mechanics with Catholic Teaching is finished. I've added material to the primer on quantum mechanics--angular momentum, the uncertainty principle, Bell's Theorem-…
- 38 days ago16 Mar 17, 8:22pm -
- Imtersections--Chapter 1 complete
Hello faithful followers: Chapter 1 in its entirety is up for review here. The usual password applies. Thanks for looking.
- 48 days ago6 Mar 17, 8:57pm -
- God doesn't accept bribes!On Giving up for Lent
High Priest Offering Sacrifice of a Goat at the Templefrom Wikimedia CommonsFor thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God,…
- 51 days ago4 Mar 17, 1:55am -